Today I had my first virtual date.
I choose to go all out, treating it like a proper date. Got my clothes out, accessories and wardrobe meltdown included. Did my hair, applied the lipgloss. Sat at my desk and did a camera test:
- Face. Check
- Hair. Check.
- Clothing placement. Check.
- Right amount of cleavage (joking)
- Nothing weird in the background. Check.
- Good to go!
I turn off my camera. Ready when you are.
Ok. Give me 5 minutes.
The Skype ringtone always reminds me of that horror movie Unfriended. He looked older than I expected but aside from that, no issue. In general, my assessment on a first date includes:
- Do I like the sound of his voice?
- Do I like his style?
- Does he have nice teeth?
- Any mannerisms I find slightly irksome?
- If there are moments of silence, were they comfortable or awkward?
- Did the conversation flow freely?
- Am I gonna be taller than him in my heels? (men lie about their height)
We talked for 26 minutes and 49 seconds. I would meet him in person. Post-pandemic use of Skype as secondary vetting tool? Definite possibility. Dating App > Skype > First Date.
Photo Credit: @RyanL via Twenty20