I love to learn.
Growing up, my dad would say – “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” I know this isn’t his, but he always had a way of pulling out a quote well suited for the moment. My love of reading came from him. Exploring, questioning and general curiosity was always encouraged.
When I was about four, maybe five or six, he bought me a bicycle; I was more interested in figuring out how the pedals move the bike forward. Instead of taking me out for a lesson that day, he helped me take it apart. My grandmother was surprised when she saw the parts strewn about in the front yard. Training wheels, bike chain, seat, everything that could come off the frame we removed.
In addition to experiencing the joy of learning with my children, I hope that, through my actions, I can teach them:
- Respect (of self and others)
- Integrity and
Now, my personal learning journey involves:
- Taking classes on Skillshare – Learn How to Draw and Quick Start Guide to Procreate and The Great Courses Plus – Critical Business Skills for Success
- Learning French and Japanese via Duolingo
- Listening to podcasts – Stuff to Blow your Mind, The Intelligence and Curiosity Daily. Finally,
- Improving my writing skills
Feature Photo Credit: @ninaidea via Twenty20